RSS

Breastfeeding
Fathers
Raffle
powered by

My Blog

Thank You!

When I had my first baby I automatically breastfeed. Since my sister had breastfed I just did it naturally without hesitation. With the second baby since she had Jaundice and I didn't know any better I only formula fed. The difference in immunity was so obvious that when I had the third baby I automatically went back to breastfeeding.  While attending a breastfeeding class at my local WIC office, I was offered a job working partime to help encourage other mothers to breastfeed. Not only did I enjoy helping other mothers with their breastfeeding concerns I also found something I was good at!

The United States Department of Agriculture has education programs that offer scholarships to women who want to expand their education. Through these scholarship programs and the education reimbursement programs that WIC offered I was able to go back to school.

WIC hired me as a breastfeeding mentor.  Then a WIC Receptionist. Then I became a Peer Counselor, WIC Nutrition Assistant II, a Certified Lactation Educator, a Peer Counselor II, and Then I got a scholarship for a Lactation Consultant Course and finally this July I was able to sit for the exam for International Board Certified Lactation Consultant.

I would like to thank so many people who helped me and believed in me. Thank you to Suparb Chiaravanont for teaching me to focus!  To Susan Aldana who will always be my mentor. To my family who put up with me and supported me. To all my friends who where forced to help me with homework. To The WIC Nutrition Corps and the Soroptomist Foundation who gave me my scholarships. Thank You from the bottom of my heart!

10 Comments to Thank You!:

Comments RSS
cover letter examples on Tuesday, June 18, 2013 2:48 AM
Reply to comment

more info on Tuesday, June 18, 2013 10:42 PM
Reply to comment

http://www.onts9.com on Tuesday, June 25, 2013 11:11 PM
I was offered a job working partime to help encourage other mothers to breastfeed. Not only did I enjoy helping other mothers with their breastfeeding concerns I also found something I was good at!
Reply to comment

rolex replica on Wednesday, July 03, 2013 6:24 PM
We filled up our glass case in our office with Logo items for sale like tote bags and t-shirts. We have been passing out cards like crazy! We put our name on our window with a window decal thanks to Vista Print.
Reply to comment

bubble necklace san diego on Wednesday, August 14, 2013 9:45 AM
I impressed, I have to say. Really rarely do I encounter a blog that' each educative and entertaining, and let me let you know, you've gotten hit the nail on the head. Your idea is outstanding; the problem is one thing that not sufficient individuals are talking intelligently about. I'm very completely satisfied that I stumbled across this in my search for something referring to this.
Reply to comment

led china suppliers on Saturday, August 31, 2013 3:25 AM
It really is that simple, all you have to do to be in with a chance of having your full order refunded, just place an order over the Easter weekend, and keep your eye out for a special ticket
Reply to comment

Astrologers In Delhi on Sunday, October 20, 2013 11:28 PM
One of the best Indian astrologers Jagdamba Jyotish for husband vashikaran, boy friend vashikaran specialist and manglik dosh solutions. We are leading astrologers in Delhi for vashikaran.
Reply to comment

joga warszawa on Friday, July 04, 2014 2:16 PM
It's critical to invest in the the decor in the home when that Sometimes, particularly if there is no house, and decorative mirrors are put on the entrance door wardrobes
Reply to comment

site on Thursday, August 14, 2014 3:27 PM
original develop elaborate - throughout just about any area, among them lighting we can determine who within the accommodation is there to buy along with that
Reply to comment